Thursday, January 8, 2009

Private Carreras y Domingos

'What is it? Where is it coming from?', we wondered from our balcony. 'Is there an orchestra playing? Is it puppet theatre? Or is it just a deaf person miming Andrea Bocelli?' Only having second rows seats, we had to get out of our comfy plastic garden furniture to see what was happening at the other side of the building. According to my alter ego, you don't need to see in order to hear. So I went alone.

And there they were. Two incredibly talented men along with their getto-blaster, performing all their favorite '3 Tenors' songs. It was truly beautiful to watch them singing right on the small metro square, enchanting even the skateboarders whose spot had been taken. I must admit, their songs provoked a strong Andre Rieu atmosphere, but I don't mind a bit of hand-clapping and the occasional sing-along-song. So I happily participated. And I enjoyed it, as I have never enjoyed street opera before. It was worth the mini-walk. I was really content to have seen it.... until...... I learned a rather important piece of info about our singers.






Apparently, we have balcony seats for the Metro opera every Thursday.....
So from now on, we'll stay just where we are and will hear them bis! every week. If we want to ....or not!


No comments: